HIPAA is the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, the 1996 federal regulation that mandated health-data privacy. The regulation requires compliance by all insurers and health care providers, including physician’s offices, hospitals, health plans, employers, public health authorities, life insurers, clearinghouses, billing agencies, information systems vendors, service organizations, and universities
EDI360- provides following IT services in Healthcare to simplify HIPAA Compliance path
- Risk analysis assessment – to determine the vulnerabilities and risks of electronic PHI
- Encryption Policies – to transmit and store PHI data in encrypted form
- Electronic Device Policies – to ensure devices can only be accessed by authorized personnel. Produce audit report to keep track of all software and hardware usage as it might relate to any unauthorized public access to a sensitive data.
- Secure Access – to ensure only authorized personnel receive service and remote monitoring system in place. Limit and manage access to sensitive data.
- Antivirus/Anti-malware – ensure environments have the latest up-to-date antivirus software
- Disaster Recovery and Emergency Protocol – to safeguard the data after a crash and keep it secure and away from the hacker